Hello and welcome to the Christian community within the Parish of Jarrow and Simonside
We now have confirmation of the next stages of unlocking from tomorrow, Monday 17th May – thank you for your patience and your prayers. This now means we can go ahead and return to all of our regular church services as in-person services too after May 23rd – as we have a parish service at St. Paul’s for Pentecost and also remembering The Venerable Bede.
• Tuesday 25th May – 10 am St. Peter’s and every following Tuesday (+ LS)
• Wednesday 26th May – 10 am St. Simon’s and every following Wednesday (+LS)
• Thursday 27th May – 10 am St. John the Baptist and every following Thursday (+LS)
And from Sunday 30th May our pattern returns for 4 individual services on Sundays with a Parish Eucharist the First Sunday of the Month at 10 am:
• 9.00 am St. John the Baptist
• 9.15 am St. Simon’s
• 11.00 am St. Paul’s (+LS)
• 11.00 am St. Peter’s
Our Parish Facebook page 'Parish of Jarrow and Simonside'
An alternative pew sheet with details of the current Sunday's hymns, readings etc., togther with any messages will continue to be published on this site. It is also e-mailed to all those who have provided contact details
.Church of England Daily Hope phone line
Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line.
The line – which is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044 – has been set up particularly with those unable to join online church services during the period of restrictions in mind.
We, the Parish of Jarrow and Simonside, will share our faith, hope and love in God with all, through our worship, witness and service.
Anyone is welcome to come and join with our worship in any of our four wonderful churches spread around the town of Jarrow and of Simonside, South Shields.
We are committed, with the Diocese of Durham,
to blessing our communities in Jesus name.
The Parish of Jarrow and Simonside covers much of the town of Jarrow, a historic town in South Tyneside in the north-east of England and the estate of Simonside in South Shields. The parish is part of the Deanery of Jarrow in the Church of England's Diocese of Durham.
The parish comprises four churches: St Simons, St Peter's, St John the Baptist, and St Paul's - which was home to the Venerable Bede and formed one half of the twin monastery of Wearmouth-Jarrow.
Promoting a safer church
“The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church”
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to other, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Advisor, or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children,, young people and adults